2022 Law Day
“Toward a More Perfect Union:
The Constitution in Times of Change”
May 2, 2022
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
4 Locations – Marion, Lebanon, Tazewell and Abingdon
227 WEST CHERRY STREET
- American Red Cross BLOOD DRIVE
“FREE” T-shirts for donors while supplies last.
Appointments made at www.redcrossblood.org or call, 1-800-Red-Cross. $10.00 e-gift card to a merchant of choice and automatically be entered to win a new travel trailer camper that sleeps eight, powerbed by Suburban Propane.
- Jay Myerson, Virginia Bar Assocation President – Speaking at 1PM
- “FREE” Meals for service Hero’s – Fire, Military, Police, Healthcare & Seniors
- Vendors-Provide Service Information
People, Inc., Dept. of Veteran Services, National Guard, Anthem HealthKeepers Plus, etc.
- Pro Bono “FREE” Clinic – Attorneys will be present to give free advice to the public and students.
29 EAST MAIN STREET
- Marsh Regional Blood Center Blood Drive
“FREE” T-Shirts for Donors
Appointments made by calling
423-652-014. Also, Walk-ins are welcome.
- Jay Myerson, Virginia Bar Association President – Speaking at 3PM
- “FREE” Meals for service Hero’s
Military, Fire, Police, Healthcare & Seniors
- Vendors – People, Inc., Dept. of Veteran Services, National Guard, Anthem HealthKeepers Plus and more…
- Pro Bono “FREE” Clinic – Attorneys will be present to give free advice to the public & students.
851 FRENCH MOORE JR. BLVD.
302 EAST MAIN ST., SUITE B
- Marsh Regional Blood Center BLOOD DRIVE
“FREE” T-Shirts for donors. Appointments made by calling 423-652-0014. Also, walk-ins are welcome.
- Pro Bono “FREE” Clinics – Attorneys will be present to give free legal advice to the public and students.
Live Continuing Legal Education, presented in conjunction with VMVLA, live on-site in abingdon, simulcast to Marion, Tazewell, Lebanon and possibly Grundy. This year, continuing his theme of Executive Power, Prof. John Woodward will address “Presidential Powers and National Security When The President Takes Extreme Measures During Wartime.” This program will focus particularly on the seminal case of Korematsu v. United States. This CLE is offered to all Virginia Attorneys at no cost, with an optional donation to support the Special Olympics 2022 USA Games. Members of the public and students are invited to attend as well. For further details, see www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/law-day/.
Updates for Law Day can be found at www.bhr2law.com/law-day-2022 OR svlas.org.
For more Information about Law Day, see: www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/law-day/.
SPONSORS – Russell County Bar (founding and organization sponsor), SWVA Legal Aid, Tazewell Co. Bart, Washington Do. Bar, City of Bristol Bar, Cuchanan Co. Bar, the 28th District Criminal Defense Bar, the Virginia Mountain/Valley Lawyers’ Alliance (VMVLA), students from the Applachian School of Law, March Blood Services, and the Virginia American Red Cross
For more information, please contact:
Southwest Virginia Legal Aid Society
Director of Development
phone: 276.783.8300, ext. 2011