SAVE THE DATE
July 14th, 2022
10 am – 12 pm & 1 pm – 3 pm
Poverty Law: What You Need to Know
– Outreach Educational Webinar –
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Poverty Law Webinar Sponsors
- Domestic and Sexual Violence: Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- Housing: Eviction help/landlord-tenant disputes
- Public Benefits: New Policies, how to use the SNAP calculator, and how to access other types of public benefits
- Healthcare: Healthcare eligibility, discussion around the public health emergency, introducing people to our ENROLL Virginia! Health Insurance Navigator and what services the Poverty Center offers
- Consumer: how to get a loan and where/who to avoid for applying for a loan.
Webinar is FREE!
VIRGINIA POVERTY LAW CENTER uses advocacy, education, and litigation to break down systemic barriers that keep low-income Virginians in the cycle of poverty.
Since 1978, VPLC has been a source of information on poverty law issues. From new lawyer training to educational outreach to leadership on advocacy issues, we ensure that low-income Virginians’ voices are heard by our legal system.
|10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Housing|
Christie Marra and Laura Dobbs – presenters
Consumer/Loan Information Sessions
|1:00 pm – 3:00 pm||Health/Public Benefits Sessions|
Sara Cariano and Cassie Edner – presenters
Domestic Violence/Sexual Violence Sessions